Monday 14 September 2015

My Top 5 Book Series!

 
1. Harry Potter by J.K Rowling.
 
 
 Well of course this was going to be on my list, it's what really got me into reading, I mean I had read the likes of Roald Dahl books but Harry Potter was what really got me into being a hard-core reader. I started reading this series when I was 8, my dad bought me the first 4 books for Christmas and so I started reading it that night. I'll be honest though, before my dad got me it, somebody else had ordered it for me from a magazine because I liked the sound of it and thought ooo magic, but when I actually received the book and I was like, ehh I'll read it eventually and just never picked up because I thought it sounded naff. But because my dad had bought me the first 4 I felt obligated to read them and I am so so glad that I did because Harry Potter has become a huge part of my life and I feel that it's made me who I am today, Harry Potter will continue to be my top favourite series of all time, altogether there are 7 books in this series.
 
Synopsis: So I'm sure everybody know what Harry Potter is about - but for those of you who don't I will explain to you what it is about. Harry Potter is an ordinary boy who lives with his vile Aunt Uncle and Cousin in an ordinary house in Number 4, Privet Drive. But when letters start arriving addressed to him in green lettering and a stamp on the back his Aunt and Uncle confiscate his letters. Then on his eleventh birthday a great big man knocks down his door and tells him that he is a Wizard and has a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and so everything Harry knows is about to change forever, but for good, or bad?
 
2. The Wardstone Chronicles by Joseph Delaney.
 
 
Now this is another series that I picked up not long after I finished Harry Potter series, I think I read this when I was around 13, I read the back of it and thought it sounded really intriguing, it sounded scary and I was interested in a series that dealt with ghosts and ghouls and witches and boggarts and so I picked this up. I fell in love with this series from the moment I read the first book. Altogether there is 13 books in the series and also a spin off from Tom's perspective who is the apprentice that the Spook takes under his wing to train so that he can become the next Spook when he retires or if he dies. Its a great story following Tom growing up and facing battles that he never thought he would have to face.
 
Synopsis: Someone has to stand against the dark. And you're the only one who can
For years, the local Spook has been keeping the County safe from evil. Now his time is coming to an end, but who will take over? Many apprentices have tried. Some floundered, some fled, some failed to stay alive. Just one boy is left. Thomas Ward. He is the last hope. But does he stand a chance against Mother Malkin, the most dangerous witch in the County?
 
3. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. 
 

 
So I picked this up on a whim I quite liked the sound of it and thought that it sounded interesting and I was right, it was unlike anything I had read at the time - it had demons in it, some badass shadowhunters and a lot of twists and turns it was like a rollercoaster. I loved this book it soon became one of my favourite series, so much so that I even got a tattoo on my wrist of the angelic rune. I felt that throughout the whole story Cassandra Clare's writing improved so much, and I was so happy with how it ended, it's such a good series and it can really help some people get into reading I feel. Altogether there are 6 books in this series.
 
Synopsis: When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy? This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know... 
 
4. Black City by Elizabeth Richards.
 
If you follow me on Instagram then you should of been expecting this to pop up here because it is literally my favourite trilogy that I have ever read, it's so amazing! I read the first book in 2 sittings because I just couldn't put it down, it hooked me in and I wasn't able to put it down because I needed to know what was going to happen at the end of every chapter - there were so many twists and turns and so many cliff-hangers that kept me at the end of my seat to find out what would happen in the next chapter. It's unlike any dystopian young adult book that I have ever read, I highly recommend this to everybody that I speak to, especially if you love Dystopia novels. So of course with is being a trilogy there are 3 books in this series.
 
Synopsis: Deep in the heartland of the United Sentry States are the burning ruins of the Black City, a melting pot simmering with hostility as humans and Darkling's struggle to rebuild their lives in the aftermath of a brutal and bloody war. A wall now divides the city separating the two races. Trapped on the wrong side of the wall is 16 year old hustler Ash Fisher, a half blood darkling who'll do whatever it takes to survive, including selling his addictive venom Haze to support his dying mother. When he meets Natalie, hatred soon turns to a love that could be punishable by death.
 
5: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. 
 

 
Okay so I put this series off for so long because I was never a huge fan of Vampire stories and I'll be 100% honest it was because of Twilight that I got put off Vampire stories because of how much I didn't like Twilight, and no it's not just because of the whole Harry Potter and Twilight feud, in all honesty I couldn't give a crap about that whole ordeal because they're nothing alike anyway so who cares. I eventually started to slowly to get into Vampire novels thanks to the Darren Shan series and after reading the back of this book and my best friend ranting on about it for ages I finally relented and picked it up and decided to give it a go and I am so so glad I did because this series is amazing! Rose is such a sassy teenager I love it, and it's got some badass fighting in this, and some pretty awesome characters. The character building in this is so good, Rose goes from a bit of a whiny cow to a complete and utter bamf. So there is 6 books in this series.
 
Synopsis:  St Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school - hidden away, it's a place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St Vladimir's where the girls must survive a world of forbidden romances, a ruthless social scene and terrifying night time rituals. But most of all, staying alive.

 
Thank you for taking your time to read this if you did - any of these on your top 5? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment